Lawn Sprinklers and Lighting in Northern VAYou’ve probably hired a landscaping company to install gardens. You may have hired a lawn company to re-sod your property and maintain its lushness with regular fertilizer treatments. Now is the time to enhance those investments with a lawn sprinkler/irrigation system.
Customers have many concerns when it comes to an irrigation system.
First of all, they want to know where they’re installed in the lawn and landscape. They worry about running over a sprinkler head with the lawnmower. They fear tripping over one that’s hidden in the grass. Homeowners also ask:
- “Do they ever get stuck in the ‘on’ position?”
- “Will the sprinkler heads engage in the middle of the night if there’s a blip with the local electric power company or if lightning strikes”
- “Will my water bill raise significantly”.
- “Can you work off my well?”
- “Will there be much damage to my property”
- “Does my house have enough pressure”
- “Can you install a separate water meter so I don’t pay sewage”
Our irrigation specialists will visit your property for a free consultation to analyze your property and its watering needs. The design consultant will walk the property with you to custom design a sprinkler system is right for your lawn. They will discuss important items such as:
- “What sections of the yard get the most sun”
- “Which plants have struggled due to too much or too little water”
- “How much flexibility do you want with watering different sections of your yard”
- “How have you been watering in the past”.
- where we do the plumbing connection,
- how much landscaping you have,
- if can you use our machine to install the water lines,
- how many other things have already been installed underground (outdoor lighting, pool pipes, drainage, etc).
Affordable Lawn Sprinklers is always looking for the best and newest ideas and irrigation products to water efficiently. We are constantly testing and reviewing new products. Some products work extremely well but others aren’t working quite as well. For example, Soil moisture sensors are supposed to determine the moisture content of your lawn and shrub beds. If there is excessive moisture from recent rains or there are extended cloudy conditions forecast, the system adjusts to enhance water conservation. If it’s raining or about to rain, your sprinkler system will go into “dormancy” until the sun and warm weather return. It is a wonderful concept and has been quite effective on the Pacific coast but doesn’t function as well in Northern Virginia. Currently, we are finding the “Smart Control Boxes” to be more water efficient and less problematic.
Affordable’s network of spray heads, rotors and underground piping lines will ensure a healthy lawn and vigorous shrubs and ground cover plantings. With the humidity, heat index and blistering heat we receive from May until early October, homeowners need to safeguard their landscapes.
It’s a simple formula -- grass roots and plant roots will not survive our summers and drought conditions if they don’t receive regular watering. Deprive them of the necessary irrigation and you’ll be replacing costly flowering trees and evergreens as well as re-sodding patches of your lawn that have turned brown and died.
Shelve these concerns by contacting Afordable Lawn Sprinklers and Lighting today. A visit from our knowledgeable staff will show you how vital a sprinkler system investment is for the future of your home exterior.
We install sprinkler systems throughout Northern Virginia including Alexandria, Annandale, Baileys Crossroad, Falls Church, Franconia, Great Falls, Oak Hill, Oakton, Reston, Centreville, Fairfax, Chantilly, Centreville, Clifton, Dunn Loring, Kingstowne, Merrifield, Vienna, Annandale, Clifton, Herndon, McLean, Oakton, Sterling, Burke, Fairfax Station, Ft. Belvoir, Lorton, Occoquan, and Springfield.
Zip codes: 20120, 20121, 20122, 20124, 20195, 22003, 22009, 22015, 22042, 22043, 22044, 22116, 22121, 22122, 22124, 22116, 22121, 22122, 22124, 22303, 22306, 22307, 22308, 20151, 20153, 20170, 20171, 20172, 20190, 20191, 20194, 22027, 22031, 22032, 22033, 22034, 22035, 22036, 22039, 22041, 22060, 22066, 22067, 22079, 22081, 22101, 22012, 22103, 22106, 22150, 22151, 22152, 22153, 22180, 22181, 22182, 22183, 22199, 22309, 22310, 22312, 22315,