What to do when Spring Springs
It is time to get your Northern Virginia lawn ready for Spring!
We’re not gonna lie…The top 2 are our FAVORITES!
- EXECUTE AN “IRRIGATION EVALUATION” Start your sprinkler system and water your yard 1-2 times per week. Run a water hose on your rain sensor to make sure it is active. A rain sensor should deactivate sprinklers after 1/4″ of accumulated rainwater. Check the water coverage for beds and make sure to adequately water all your plants and shrubs.
- PLAN YOUR WATERING SCHEDULE Water your grass once per week until June. As the weather becomes warmer and rainy days more infrequent, add additional minutes to watering your lawn.
- TREAT! The ideal treatment for your lawn includes pre-emergent chemicals with a high nitrogen count, low phosphate count, and potash. A recommended formula would be 25-10-10. Remember to use weed control
- KEEP IT FRESH! Add a fresh, one-and-a-half-inch topcoat of mulch to your beds. Remove the stale, old mulch.
- PLANT YOUR SEEDS Plant your Spring Annuals such as impatiens, petunias, and pansies. For a controlled, healthy start in a predictable environment, start your seedlings indoors.
Affordable Lawn Sprinklers and Lighting offers a thorough Spring Turn-On Service:
In the spring, when our technicians visit your property to turn on your irrigation system we perform the following services:
- Turn on the water.
- Re-install your backflow hardware.
- Check and flush all valves.
- Align and adjust spray heads and rotors to ensure coverage.
- Check the main line and each zone for leaks.
- Program the control box with our recommended springtime water-efficient schedule.